“He that diggeth a pit shall fall into it; and whoso breaketh an hedge, a serpent shall bite him.” – Ecclesiastes 10:8
Demons are malevolent, evil personalities. They are spirit beings. They are the enemies of God and His angels, and man. Their objectives in people are to deceive, tempt, accuse, condemn, defile, pressure, resist, oppose, steal, control, harass, afflict, kill, and destroy. They also try to keep people in bondage to sin. The same demons the Lord Jesus Christ was casting out of people when He walked on the earth about 2,000 years ago are still around! Indeed, the scriptures read “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places” (Ephesians 6:12).
Demons enter through “open doors.” They have to be given an opportunity to enter. Every person on the face of the earth is a target of satan’s kingdom. He devises a plan to ruin and destroy each person, there is no one who is exempt.
Normally, Christians are hedged about so that demons can’t enter into them (yes, despite what some would adamantly deny, Christians can be demonized, but not be possessed). Normally, non-Christians are also protected to a certain extent in that the Lord does not allow demons to violate their free wills. An opening in the protective hedge must be made before demons can get into a person’s body.
Sin (especially continual, habitual sin) breaks a hole in the protective hedge, many times allowing a demon or demons to actually enter into a person committing the sin. The scriptures are clear: any dealing with the works of satan opens a doorway in a person’s life for the inflow of demonic infestation. God told the Israelites: “Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God” (Leviticus 19:31). The scriptures are also clear that whatever a man sows that is what he will reap (Galatians 6:7), and to not give the devil a foothold in your life (Ephesians 4:17). If you have lived a life of blatant rebellion against God then you shouldn’t be surprised if you have issues with demons, whether you are a Christian or non-Christian.
That said, demons do not always automatically leave the body of a demonized person when converted to Christ. The convert may need to have prayer for deliverance.
But one may argue that there are many who live a life of blatant sin but their lives seem to be going well or even “blessed.” Yes, that is true for some people and it is possible the god of this world (satan) is “blessing” them. Satan doesn’t mind if a person has the “good life” as long as that person is on the broad road to destruction – to hellfire. The demons they may have in their life can lie low, but will get stirred up and will retaliate against the person if he or she repents and turns to the Lord Jesus Christ. I have experienced this in my life: once I totally repented and submitted my life to Jesus Christ, the host of hell tried to literally kill me. Why? Because once a person turns to Jesus the person becomes a threat to satan’s kingdom since the person can be used by the Holy Spirit for God’s kingdom.
The list is not exhaustive but here are some things that will possibly open a person up to demonic infestation. Some things are due to the person’s own sins and others due to other people’s sins.
Possible demonic doorways:
- New Age meditation (such as Transcendental Meditation) and New Age visualization.
- Practicing yoga.
- Involved with kundalini or having a so-called kundalini awakening/arousal/activation.
- Laying on of hands from someone who is demonized (demons can transfer), or receiving a shaktipat. Involved in a Fire Tunnel.
- Chanting and mantras.
- Automatic writing, or any kind of channeling [link 2].
- Tattoos, especially if the tattoo is an evil figure or an occult symbol. Scarification.
- Making oaths or pledges (especially to sororities and fraternities).
- Making a blood pact or deal with the devil.
- Worship of false gods, deities, or idols (or was dedicated to one) such as Santa Muerte. Ancestor worship.
- Doing invocations, incantations, or allowing spirits to come inside your body.
- Being involved with any Christian cult (or any cult in general), or false religion that denies the deity of Jesus and the everlasting Gospel which includes Jehovah’s Witnesses, Mormonism, Scientology, Roman Catholicism, Islam, Black Hebrew Israelite, Freemasonry, Hinduism, Taoism, Satanism, etc.
- Mary idolatry.
- Crystal work or crystal healing, any kind of lucky charm, amulet, talisman or fetish, and anything “consecrated.”
- Indulging in certain Hip Hop or Rock music [link].
- Indulging in pornography.
- The practice of fornication [link 2], oral sex, sodomy, masturbation. Involved in incest.
- Being unequally yoked with an unbeliever.
- Involved in divination (such as consulting a psychic), fortune telling, I Ching, numerology, astrology, horoscopes, dowsing (or water witching), tarot cards (or oracle cards), palm reading, a pendulum, or contacting the “dead” as in a séance and divination games such as Charlie Charlie. Playing with an Ouija Board even on a smartphone.
- Anything that alters the consciousness especially drugs (this is a huge demonic door opener and a very common one) such as smoking marijuana, DMT, ayahuasca, crystal meth, LSD, cocaine, heroin, ecstasy, etc.
- Listening to binaural beats or New-Age frequency sounds [link 2].
- Hypnosis or Hypnotherapy.
- Reiki [link 2] (or energy healing), or anything to do with mystical energies (such as qi), or occult healing (a huge demonic door opener). Also being involved with Massage Therapy, Therapeutic Touch, CranioSacral Therapy, Shiatsu, Network Spinal Analysis, or Reconnective Healing®. Being a “lightworker” or involved with “light language.”
- New Age Medical practices such as muscle testing (applied kinesiology). Diagnosed by an occult practitioner such as an Iridologist. Acupuncture.
- Qigong, Tai Chi, and the mystical side of Martial Arts.
- Opening the “third eye”.
- Involved in any kind of occult activity, spell or magic (whether black or white), charming, witchcraft, spiritualism or spirituality such as Winti, Umbanda, Macumba, Candomblé, Santeria, Obeah, and Voodoo (this is a huge demonic door opener). Also involved with shamanism, a witch doctor (another huge demonic door opener), traditional healer (or sangoma), spiritual guru, medium, spiritualist, magician, soothsayer, seer, sorcerer, yogi or the like. Also involved with a psychic healer or psychic surgeon. Not to mention involved in any pagan ritual or “cleansing”.
- Watching horror movies.
- Being involved with abortion or shedding innocent blood. Involved in a blood sacrifice.
- Suicide attempts.
- Deliberately astral projecting, or remote viewing.
- Method acting.
- Dungeons and Dragons, World of Warcraft, or similar games; certain video games.
- Calling upon spirit guides or ascended masters. Angel contact, consciousness, or work. Involvement with or praying to angels of the new age/occult.
- Involved in ghost hunting.
- Unwilling to forgive and having bitterness [link].
- Being a worker of iniquity (stripper or frequenting strip clubs, prostitution or fornicating with prostitutes, involved in gang activity, selling drugs, stealing, constantly lying, infidelity, direct rebellion against God or parents, etc.).
- Idle words.
- Involved with developing psychic or ESP abilities such as telepathy; involved with mind control.
- Cursing God.
- Giving in to irrational fits of rage or anger.
- Extreme pride.
Not necessarily open doorways for demons to be inside your body but possible demonic open doorways into your home:
- Cursed objects such as dream catchers, talisman, amulets, charms, a pentagram, etc.
- Any occult or New Age items such as ouija boards, a voodoo doll, etc. Certain occult and magic books can also have demonic attachments such as the 6th and 7th Book of Moses.
- Tribal objects such as masks or anything consecrated or used in false religions.
- Any idols such as Buddha, Hindu “gods”, or Mary statues.
- In or near an area where spiritualistic activity was performed (perhaps someone who lived in the home before you played with the ouija board).
Doorways the person may not have opened directly but someone else has opened:
- A victim of sexual abuse or molestation.
- Generational curses (perhaps one’s ancestors were involved with witchcraft or the occult).
- A victim of black magic – a witchcraft spell, curse or hex (such as eating cursed foods or drinks; or charmed). Word curses.
- Was dedicated to the demonic realm.
Or it can be none of the above:
I have come across people were there had been no apparent doorway for the enemy to afflict him or her. And there were no generational curses that we could identify. I believe in such cases God may be testing the person’s faith. Job was a man who was blameless before God but God allowed satan to afflict him with boils (Job 2:6). God allowed the apostle Paul to have a messenger (or angel) from satan in his flesh, which he called a thorn, to buffet him to keep him humble (Corinthians 12:7-9). The following scripture can apply to such people who are being afflicted:
“Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ’s sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy” (1 Peter 4:12). Yes, those who truly live for Jesus Christ will suffer persecution in some form or another (2 Timothy 3:12).
For many years I got attacked constantly by the enemy even though I wasn’t practicing any sins. The more I prayed or the more I did some good works for the Lord the more the enemy retaliated. It’s not an easy path to really live for Jesus Christ as the scriptures read “…Through many tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God” (Acts 14:22).
Possible signs or symptoms of demonization or demon possession:
- Feeling or sensing the demons moving on the inside of them; can feel the pains move around. Feeling pressure or tightness and movement in the head or eyes and stomach areas.
- Will have strong, inner compulsions to do bad things that are not in their normal behavior patterns like having bad thoughts of suicide, murder, or to molest. May also have very strong addictions to things like drugs, alcohol, pornography, and masturbation.
- Very manipulative and controlling (could be a Jezebel spirit).
- Can have multiple personalities or an “alternate ego“.
- Intense uncontrollable rage or anger.
- Very heavy, uncontrollable twitching type activity on certain parts of their bodies like their face and their arms.
- A compulsive desire to want to curse and blaspheme God and Jesus.
- The demons can sometimes control the vocal cords and speak right out of the person’s mouth. When this occurs, the tone of the person’s voice could change, like a woman speaking out in a man’s deep, husky voice. Demons can also emit animal-like sounds out of a person’s mouth and vocal cords like the hissing of a snake, the growling of a lion or tiger, or the emitting of a baying type howl like a wolf. They can also let out very loud screams and yells, especially when being directly confronted by the deliverance minister during the actual deliverance itself.
- Various types of facial contortions which no longer look like the person, such as glazed eyes or a filmy look, slit eyes, blank stare type eyes, eyes rolling backward where all you see are the whites of the eyes, black eyes, and stretching the skin of the face into a contorted, hissing like expression.
- Various types of bodily contortions like people slithering across the floor like snakes, getting on all fours and barking like dogs, growling like lions, or howling like wolves. Strangely stretching out their spines, fingers, and hands locking up and going rigid, and demons grabbing a hold of a person’s throat to try to stop them from talking with a deliverance minister. The demons can also whip the head in a very rapid side-to-side type movement, stretch the neck out as far as it will go, along with jolting portions of the body causing those portions to move in a very rapid side-to-side type movement.
- Hearing voices or having tormenting thoughts in your head. Sometimes hear words accusing you, putting you down, blaspheming God, or compelling you to commit murder or other criminal acts; very intrusive thoughts (I would say there is almost a 100% certainty of having demons with this symptom).
- Extreme pride or arrogance. Have a mocking smile or laughter when praying for deliverance over the person. Demons are very proud (read about Leviathan).
- Engaging in self-harm acts such as self-mutilation or cutting.
- Perhaps most, if not all, mental illnesses or disorders such as schizophrenia, bipolar, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, neurosis, etc.
- Epileptic seizures.
- Many diseases and physical afflictions can be due to spirits of infirmity (See: Luke 13:11). I believe Morgellons disease and fibromyalgia are several examples. Blindness, deafness, and being mute can be demonically caused.
- Having a choking sensation; dizziness; blackouts.
- Have a very hard time praying and reading or hearing from their Bible. Aversion to worship.
- Inability to confess Christ.
- A feeling of heaviness or oppression. Strong depression. Melancholia.
- Uncontrollable or very powerful feelings of lust. Strong impulses of sexual perversity.
- Having psychic abilities or mediumistic abilities.
- Extreme hatred for a people group (e.g., Jews, the Church, etc.).
- Speaking in a foreign language that the person never learned before.
- In regard to children, extremely defiant, rebellious, out of control, violent and hateful towards parents.
- Terrifying doubt of one’s salvation even though one once knew the joy of this salvation.
- Hyperventilation and shortness of breath with no medical cause.
- Feel like you are being constricted much like a snake constricts its prey.
- Constant anxiety or terrifying panic attacks or other abnormal fears.
- Compulsive desire to tear other people down even if it means lying to do so. The vicious cutting use of the tongue may well be demonic.
- Dreams and nightmares that are of a horrific, recurring nature. Clairvoyant dreams– dreams that later come true– may be demonic. Frequent dreams of dead people or death; or dreams of a (horrid) sexual nature.
- Constantly seeing the same number groupings.
- Thinking you are being gang stalked without any substantial evidence or when it hasn’t been confirmed by another person. Scared all the time or paranoid.
- Superhuman strength.
- Kundalini symptoms.
- Scratches on the body that didn’t come from any natural source.
- Alien Hand Syndrome (a person’s hand involuntary tries to harm the person).
- Sicknesses that doctors can’t detect.
- Warped and distorted character: hard, egoistic persons; uncongenial, dark natures.
- Tourette Syndrome – tics, vocal or physical repetitions such as grunts, hissing, swearing, blasphemy, and jerking part of the body.
- Symptoms of multiple sclerosis.
- Headaches without any medical cause; inability to concentrate.
- Issues with gluttony.
- Chronic memory or concentration deficits with no organic or traumatic cause.
- Having a messiah complex.
Signs of demonic activity (may not necessarily be because of demonization):
- Seeing orbs or strange lights.
- Catching shadows or streaks out of the corner of your eye or peripheral vision.
- Poltergeist activity: hearing knocking or footsteps; items being moved around the house.
- Hearing voices, breathing, growling, barking, pig-like noises, or hissing in your ear as you start to fall asleep.
- Strange smells like smoke, burnt moldy wood, badly burned pork, rotten eggs, sulfur, etc.
- Sleep Paralysis, hypnic jerk, being slapped, or touched while sleeping.
- Waking up and seeing gray, black, or pale greenish/gray clouds.
- Pets appear to see things that you can’t. In many cases, the animal will interact with something or appear fearful.
- You feel like you are constantly being watched.
- Electronics malfunction. Lights flicker, light bulbs blow, etc.
- Synchronicities keep occurring. You keep seeing specific numbers like 11:11 or 444 on the clock or other repeating numbers.
- Frequent or strange accidents.
- Sexually assaulted or tempted by evil spirits.
- People attacking you for no valid reason.
If you have any questions please then feel free to ask down below. If you want to correspond with me more directly or need prayer then feel free to contact me.
If you don’t know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior you can receive Him into your heart, and He can deliver you from darkness and sin and have your name written in His Book of Life.
If you are sincere you can say this simple prayer to the Father (it doesn’t have to be word for word):
“God, I recognize that I have not lived my life for You up until now. I have been living for myself and that is wrong. Please forgive me of all of my sins just as I forgive others. I need You in my life; I want You in my life. I acknowledge the completed work of Your only begotten Son Jesus Christ in giving His life for me on the cross, I believe in my heart Jesus is Lord and was raised from the dead and I long to receive the forgiveness you have made freely available to me through this sacrifice. Come into my life now, Lord. Take up residence in my heart and be my king, my Lord, and my Savior. From this day forward, I will no longer be controlled by sin, or the desire to please myself, but I will follow You all the days of my life. Those days are in Your hands. I ask this in the Lord and GOD Jesus’ precious and holy name. Amen.”