Source: Encyclopedia of New Age Beliefs
What Are the Symptoms of Kundalini?
NOTE: most of the references and quotes used here on the “Kundalini syndrome” are in support of it. I have put them in to enforce the fact that this is occultism and not of God. Even those in the occult that practice “Kundalini” and other forms of mediation have strong warnings for those who are NOT properly trained in its “releasing” and the physical, mental and emotional damage that occurs. Imagine how worse off the typical Christian is when thinking it’s of God and wanting more.
· “Kundalini-syndrome. This psycho-spiritual and transformative process is believed to occur in connection with a near-death experience, or with prolonged, intensive spiritual or contemplative practice, as practiced within a few sub-disciplines of meditation or yoga.”
· The process is not always sudden and dramatic, it can also start slowly and increase gradually in activity over time.
· If the accompanying symptoms unfold in an intense manner that destabilizes the person, the process is usually interpreted as a spiritual emergency.
· Studies have suggested some common criteria that describe this condition, of which the most prominent feature is a feeling of energy or heat rushing up the spine
Other symptoms: Category Symptoms Sensory and motor symptoms
· The feeling of cranial pressures
· The perception of inner sounds
· Experiences of inner lights
· Vibrating or tickling sensations in the lower back
· Tachycardia (rapid heart rate)
· Changes in breathing
· Spontaneous bodily movements
· Sensations of heat or cold moving through the body
· Localized bodily pain that starts and stops abruptly
· Vibrations and itching under the skin
· Unusual, or intense, sexual sensations
· Intense positive or negative emotions
· Spontaneous slowing or speeding of thoughts
· Spontaneous trance states
· Experiencing oneself as larger than the physical body
· Experiences of paranormal consciousness
The following are common manifestations of the risen Kundalini:
Muscle twitches, cramps or spasms.
Energy rushes or immense electricity circulating the body
Itching, vibrating, prickling, tingling, stinging or crawling sensations
Intense heat or cold
Involuntary bodily movements (occur more often during meditation, rest or sleep): jerking, tremors, shaking; feeling an inner force pushing one into postures or moving one’s body in unusual ways. (May be misdiagnosed as epilepsy, restless legs syndrome (RLS), or PLMD.)
Alterations in eating and sleeping patterns
Episodes of extreme hyperactivity or, conversely, overwhelming fatigue (some CFS victims are experiencing Kundalini awakening)
Intensified or diminished sexual desires
Headaches, pressures within the skull
Racing heartbeat, pains in the chest
Digestive system problems
Numbness or pain in the limbs (particularly the left foot and leg)
Pains and blockages anywhere; often in the back and neck (Many cases of FMS are Kundalini-related.)
Emotional outbursts; rapid mood shifts; seemingly unprovoked or excessive episodes of grief, fear, rage, depression
Spontaneous vocalizations (including laughing and weeping) — are as unintentional and uncontrollable as hiccoughs
Hearing an inner sound or sounds, classically described as a flute, drum, waterfall, birds singing, bees buzzing but which may also sound like roaring, whooshing, or thunderous noises or like ringing in the ears.
Mental confusion; difficulty concentrating
Altered states of consciousness: heightened awareness; spontaneous trance states; mystical experiences (if the individual’s prior belief system is too threatened by these, they can lead to bouts of psychosis or self-grandiosity)
Heat, strange activity, and/or blissful sensations in the head, particularly in the crown area.
Ecstasy, bliss and intervals of tremendous joy, love, peace and compassion
Psychic experiences: extrasensory perception; out-of-body experiences; pastlife memories; astral travel; direct awareness of auras and chakras; contact with spirit guides through inner voices, dreams or visions; healing powers
Increased creativity: new interests in self-expression and spiritual communication through music, art, poetry, etc.
Intensified understanding and sensitivity: insight into one’s own essence; deeper understanding of spiritual truths; exquisite awareness of one’s environment (including “vibes” from others)
Enlightenment experiences: direct Knowing of a more expansive reality; transcendent awareness
Outside of the short-term physical effects of Kundalini, nothing produces more wonder and curiosity than the reported mental effects. Along the path of raising Kundalini, yogis like Swami Saraswati reveal that some participants may experience mental clarity to the extent of supernatural ability.
Likewise, without the guidance of trained Kundalini instructors, a person can experience confusion, depression, hallucinations and other unpleasant mental disturbances.” Source
If you believe you have this spirit and want it expelled from you feel free to contact me for prayer.
If you don’t know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior you can receive Him into your heart and He can deliver you from darkness and sin and have your name written in His Book of Life.
If you are sincere you can say this simple prayer to the Father (it doesn’t have to be word for word):
“God, I recognize that I have not lived my life for You up until now. I have been living for myself and that is wrong. Please forgive me of all of my sins just as I forgive others. I need You in my life; I want You in my life. I acknowledge the completed work of Your only begotten Son Jesus Christ in giving His life for me on the cross, I believe in my heart Jesus is Lord and was raised from the dead and I long to receive the forgiveness you have made freely available to me through this sacrifice. Come into my life now, Lord. Take up residence in my heart and be my king, my Lord, and my Savior. From this day forward, I will no longer be controlled by sin, or the desire to please myself, but I will follow You all the days of my life. Those days are in Your hands. I ask this in the Lord and GOD Jesus’ precious and holy name. Amen.”